Not seeing the correct location?
  • Click the weather box above. A new browser tab (or window) should open and display the Accuweather website.
  • Type your zip code or City, State and press enter.
  • Select your town.
  • Close the Accuweather browser tab (or window).
Reload the Chronicle website and your location should be correct.
Close these instructions.

Accused rapist’s case is continued

DANIELSON — A Willi-mantic man accused of sexually assaulting a teenager in 2010 will appear in Danielson Superior Court again Oct. 13.

Hector Novoa, of 20 Spruce St., was arrested May 22, 2016, in connection with an incident that happened in 2010.

He was charged with first-degree sexual assault and first-degree unlawful restrain of a 15-year-old female in 2010.

His case was continued to Oct. 13 after appearing in court earlier this month, ac-cording to the court clerk’s office.

Court records indicate Nov-oa’s case is in pre-trial.

Court records indicate Novoa entered a not-guilty plea for both charges and was released from custody on a $100,000 bond.

At the time of the alleged incident, Novoa was 18 while his victim was 15, police said.

Willimantic police officers arrested Novoa in May 2016, when he was 23 years old, nearly six years after a complaint was filed about the alleged incident.

The arrest took a long time because Novoa may have fled the state after the reported incident, police said at the time.

 

This article appears in our print edition and in our Chronicle e-edition (available at 4 p.m. weekdays, 8 a.m. Saturday) complete with all photos and special sections.

Click here to subscribe to the Chronicle E-edition

Click here to inquire about print subscriptions